Surbana Jurong appointed as master planner for the Greater Libreville region in Republic of Gabon
Surbana Jurong has been appointed by the Singapore Cooperation Enterprise (SCE) as the master planner for the Greater Libreville region in Republic of Gabon. Surbana Jurong will be providing master planning, transport and infrastructure planning, as well as land management systems for the region estimated to be 1,000 sqkm, or around 1.5 times the size of Singapore. This is Surbana Jurong’s first project with the government of Gabon and this is the 2nd time we are integrating the development of the Land Management System with planning, after the SADA Master Planning Project of Northern Ghana.
Gabon is the one of the richest countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, and Libreville as the capital city plays a major economic role in the development of the country. With a growing population and strong economic growth, there is an increasing need for the Republic of Gabon to balance urban planning with economic and social progress. This contract will allow Surbana Jurong to share Singapore’s expertise in urban planning with the government of Gabon.
The list of services will be rendered in 8 phases, namely:
- Phase 0 : Data Inventory and Inception including Site visits, data collection, and authority meetings
- Phase 1 : Analysis, Vision and Concept Options
- Phase 2 : GIS database design & Land Management System
- Phase 3 : Regional Concept Plan Environment, Transport and Infrastructure Strategies
- Phase 4 : Detailed City Master Plan including Zoning Plan and Regulations, and Detailed Environment, Infrastructure and Transport proposals
- Phase 5 : Urban Design Plan and Guidelines
- Phase 6 : Implementation Plan and Strategies
- Phase 7 : Setting-up City Gallery
- Phase 8 : Post-Planning Capacity Building for 6 months